Sunday 27 February 2011

Welcome, and hello.

Hello all - welcome to The Foodoir, my little haven for my rambles on the food that I've made and have eaten.

I am going to have to apologise in advance for the 'teething problems' that will no doubt arise, since I consider myself somewhat 'Technologically Inept' (I'm not going to lie - it took me a while to figure out how to change the font of the page text...). Until I sort everything out and it all (hopefully?) becomes second nature, pretend that you don't see any problems with the page texts, or poorly formatted posts. Actually, while we're at it, also please ignore the less-than-professional photographs (until I hopefully learn how to get better at food photography), and the awkward posts. I'm new.

So, first off - what's a 'Foodoir' (rhymes with 'boudoir, by the way)? A quick wee search on my dear friend Google told me this:

foodoir
noun [countable]
A written description of someone's experiences which include recipes or focuses on food.

Pretty perfect, eh? I'm hoping that this blog will be just that - an account of the food that I eat and experience, and of recipes that I test and share with you. But before we dive straight in, I thought I'd share a little bit about myself for anyone who might be interested.

I'm a Malaysian girl in my early 20s who has just moved back home after over 10 years in my 'second home' in the UK. I eat. I eat a lot. I love to eat... There are few things in life that make me happier than eating good food, and one of those things is cooking good food. I spent most of my University years trying to fatten up my friends by cooking, baking, throwing dinner parties and planning picnics. My whole obsession with food is all down to my equally food-mad family, where there was kind of an unsaid rule that if you didn't have seconds, you must have been ill or something. Even to this day if I say I'm not hungry or that I've lost my appetite, my parents will immediately ask if everything is alright. Even the boyfriend has started to take any lack of appetite on my part to mean that I must be coming down with some horrible ailment and that he'd better get the ginger tea out because there is just no way that, if I'm well, I'm not thinking about what to eat next. ...That's a good thing, right?

Anyway, before I ramble on too much, I just want to say that I hope any of you readers out there enjoy this blog, try the recipes, ogle the food, and enjoy spending a few minutes of your day drooling over what I have drooled over too. ...Ew.

Welcome, and step into The Foodoir...

1 comment: